Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy National Almond Day!

YAY! It is National Almond Day!

Be sure to eat lots of almonds today in celebration! Almonds have tons and tons of nutrients! Check out this website to learn more about how almonds can prevent cancer, osteoporosis, heart disease and much more: http://www.nutsforalmonds.com/nutrition.htm!

QUESTIONS:
What is your favorite nut?
Mine is almonds...duh! hahah! I also LOVE walnuts, brazillian nuts (try right now...so good and unique), cashews, peanuts, pretty much all of them except pecans!

How are you going to celebrate National Almond Day?
MMmmmm.....I am going to eat almonds in my oats, on my salad, in my yogurt, as a snack....etc!

4 comments:

BecomingBryana said...

I love almonds, but anything peanut is my favorite. Can they still count, since they're a bean?

Anyway, I was going to let you know yesterday that I tagged you, but I posted it at like 11:45 at night and didn't have time to let people know. So...I tagged you!
:-)

Anonymous said...

You people have a day for everything. I love almonds but there are none in my pantry at the moment. If I had some maybe I would stuff dates with them and celebrate this way.

My favorite nuts are pistachios but I also love pretty much every nut I've tried.

L. said...

I LOVE almonds. Best nut ever! I feel very lucky it's one of the healthiest ones as well :).

Anonymous said...

Haha, I didn't even know there was such a thing as National Almond Day :) Norway - what a boring country! Hihi.
My favourite nut is almonds and cashew nuts. Even without knowing about this special day I ate a lot of almonds, as well as almond butter. Guess that counts as a celebration? ;)